Top 12 Smart Casual Women’s Outfits + Do’s and Don’ts
What is Smart Casual?
Smart Casual vs. Business Casual
When Should You Wear Smart Casual Outfits?
12 Smart Casual Women’s Outfits to Wear on Different Occasions
Smart Casual Attire for Dinner
Red Ribbed Turtleneck + Red High-Waisted Side Snap Trouser
Black and White Off-the-Shoulder Cropped Blouse
Brown Double Breasted Plaid Blazer
Smart Casual Attire for Wedding
Coral Open Back Ruffle Dress
View this post on Instagram
Flirty, frilly, and fab! 🌺 Get ready for date night in our Open Back Ruffle Dress!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #HeyYou #ShopHeyYou #openbackdress #ruffledress #ruffles #womensfashion #summerfashion #summerstyle #summernights #chicoutfits #fashiontrends #trendy #sophisticatedstyle #datenightstyle
Plaid Cold Shoulder Blazer + Black High Waisted Relaxed Side Snap Trouser
Straight Neck Jumpsuit
Smart Casual Attire for the Office
Beige Cropped Blazer + High-Waisted Jogger in Sand Plaid
High-Waisted Relaxed Side Zip Trouser
Charcoal Double Breasted Striped Blazer + High Waisted Jogger in White
Smart Casual Attire for Everyday Demands
Black Tweed Sleeveless Mini Dress + Gray Short Sleeve Button Up Flannel Shirt
Pink Cheetah Print High Neck Satin Short Sleeve Top + Plum Faux Patent Leather High Waisted Mini Skirt + Red Oversized Button Up Tweed Shirt
White Ribbed Long Sleeve Turtleneck + Brown Houndstooth Mini Skirt + Brown Houndstooth Trucker Jacket
Smart Casual Do’s and Don’ts
- It’s essential to find the perfect balance between relaxed and elegant attire. That said, go for smooth materials such as silk or viscose and avoid too casual fabrics like cotton or denim.
- Wear a blazer whenever you can. It will upgrade your style and provide it with a touch of sleek professionalism while keeping you comfortable and not too dressy.
- Don’t exclude sneakers or flats. You don’t need to wear heels to look casually smart, but you can opt for something more casual. However, make sure your shoes are clean.
- You can wear mini skirts and dresses, but make sure they are not too short.
- Boost your outfit with statement accessories and jewelry.
- Separates work better than dresses in smart casual outfits.
- Although jeans have become an acceptable item in the smart casual dress code, you shouldn’t choose those with rips. It’s too much.
- Prints are also allowed but don’t overdo them. It’s always better to stick with neutral colors such as black, white, beige, or crème.
- Don’t get too formal. You don’t need to wear a pencil skirt and a button-up – go for pants and a top instead. Men are advised to ditch the tie and undo a few buttons; that way, they’ll achieve a more appropriate smart casual overall look.